The Institute offers membership at different grades that reflect a member’s experience and qualifications.
They also provide a path for the recognition of increasing professional development. You can join on either an individual or a corporate basis. Membership covers the year from the date you join. For those who were members prior to April 2007, the year runs from July to June.
- Associate – The first membership step, no qualifying criteria.
- Member – First grading step for those working in Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain management and qualifying by experience or qualification.
- Chartered Member – Second grading step for those working in logistics or transport and qualifying by experience or qualification.
- Chartered Fellow – Meeting Chartered Member requirements, plus holding a senior position in the industry or, rarely, per eminence following appointment to senior position in industry.
- Student Member – Enrolled in a recognized course of study in logistics or transport at a tertiary level within NZ, or a CILT International course.
- Young Professionals – This is a special encouragement membership rate to establish their standing as a CILT member for those under 35 years of age (DOB required).
- Corporate Membership – Available to businesses and organisations who wish to nominate up to 5 associates and up to 5 young professionals (under 35)” After payment, please email your list of names and email addresses of up to 5 associates and up to 5 young professionals (under 35) to email@example.com. Please invite each individual to register all their details on this website as a “sponsored associate”.
Individual membership is open to people engaged in, or otherwise interested in, the profession of logistics and transport,and upply chain management. When you first join you are graded as an Associate member of the Institute. This grade has no qualifying criteria to meet. All you need to do is complete the application form below or join online.
Corporate Membership offers businesses and organisations the opportunity to show their support for the Institute at corporate level. Up to 5 associates and up to 5 young professionals (under 35) who are employees may be nominated. These individuals do not have to pay separate membership fees, so there are cost savings to join as a company.
People joining under Corporate Membership are not international members and do not hold any voting rights within CILT, so are unable to use the post-nominals of FCILT, CMILT or MILT. The intention is that by introducing these staff members to the Institute they will appreciate the value of taking up this chance to expand their personal development, and become involved in the Institute’s grading programme over time as individual or Chartered Members. We see this as offering junior or less experienced staff a chance to become involved with the Institute as they develop their own knowledge and skills in transport and logistics.
All you need to do is join online and pay the invoice that will be emailed to you (typically within a week). Please ensure you include the invoice number and your surname in the reference fields. If you have not received an invoice within a week please email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
After paying, please email the CILT national office advising all individual names; then invite up to 5 associates and 5 young professionals to register themselves online selecting the “sponsored associate” option, we will add them to our database. To maintain members (add / delete) at any time please email CILT national office.
|Chartered Member (CMILT)||$282|
|Chartered Fellow (FCILT)||$317|
|Student undertaking transport & logistics study or CILT International course (requires proof of enrolment)||$82|
|Young Professionals (with DoB under 35 years)||$112|
|Retired Members (all grades)||$150|
* Fees all include GST at 15%
The Institute is essentially an organisation of individual members. The Chartered grades of CMILT (Chartered Member) and FCILT (Chartered Fellow) are recognised internationally as indicating that the holder has reached a standard of experience and knowledge in the transport and/or logistics sectors.
Members can apply for regrading. You need to apply on the form below, and this together with a full CV (photocopies only please) is then forwarded to the Grading Committee for consideration.The CV should list your experience and qualifications particularly in relation to Key Performance and Key Knowledge areas, as set out on the form. These form the basis for the Committee’s consideration.
The signatures of two Chartered Members are required. These serve as references for the Grading Committee. If you have difficulty obtaining these, please let the National Office know and we can help you.
CILT International Knowledge Centre
The CILT International Knowledge Centre information is available to CILT NZ paid up members.
Contact National Office for the details to enable you to access this.